HOW TO TAKE YOUR MONEY ABROAD: TRAVEL TIPS!

34 thoughts on “HOW TO TAKE YOUR MONEY ABROAD: TRAVEL TIPS!

1. Denis Iusuf says:

I sometimes use Moneymailme when traveling. It's an awesome mobile application and you can send money to your friends with no fees. You can also attach a prepaid Mastercard to your account and use it anywhere.

2. Trip Astute says:

Great content – thanks for sharing! We agree with some of the comments below and also recommend the Charles Schwab checking account for all the US travelers out there. No foreign transaction fees (domestic and abroad) which is awesome.

3. dries samyn says:

Hi,
    I'm a student from Belgium and I'm going to Australia next summer for a year. I have some questions about how the cashcard works. How does i work axactly, do you just put monney on it and you do not have to pay the exchange fees? Do you just use is as a normal credit card? Can you put the monney that you earn for working on it?
    Hope you can get back to me soon. Keep up the awsomeness!

Kind regards

4. Nadine Volkov says:

If I put money on a cash card and don't use all the money i put there how to I get the rest back once I'm done with the trip? What all but if I didn't put enough money on it can I transfer it from my English bank account while I'm in still in my traveling country?

5. Nicole Scarlett says:

Hey,

What is the best travel money card, or which one do you use? I am planning to travel Asia long term back packing and trying to find a card that will give me the best rates and hopeful thinking, no exchange fees or transaction fees. I heard Caxton is really good and the website seems good apart from, I don't see many asian currencies which is of no help to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6. Rinny Rainwind says:

Have you been to Morocco ? I would like to know what to expect culturally and money wise. Also I heard there are customs as far as women's clothes you have to follow. That would be a great video.

7. DavidisDawei says:

If you're a US citizen, the best option is a Charles Schwab ATM/Debit card which is FREE at any ATM around the world.
    I have found ATMs give you the best exchange rates and allows you to limit the amount of cash you need to carry with you
    Peace

8. Mark Santucci says:

What do you mean by a travel cash card? did you ever see travelers checks?

where you live at local merchant restaurants not big chains can you buy gift certifactes or have all 100% switched to gift cards?

9. Roland Lowhorn says:

I was watching your movements and listening to the sounds of your voice and the sounds you where making and you are very interesting to watch however I have no idea what you where talking about because you have the perfect female voice that men with slight hearing disability are unable to to discern the words you are saying almost like a foreign language. I am not criticizing you in anyway only explanation of why some women are hard to understand by mature men or military men whith exposure to loud sounds. Thanks I like your video.

10. Roland Lowhorn says:

11. Ishraj S. Inderjeet says:

Hey there! Amazing videos.. hope you can come back to Melbourne someday. However, I was just wondering what means of transportation you used while you were in Australia, and how much would they cost? Cheers!

12. Andrew Baumann says:

Have you ever been robbed, or had any other dangerous encounters while traveling? How did you deal with them? I'm from the US and am more used to carrying a weapon. Most other countries wouldn't allow that, what would you suggest?

13. Gaia Myaphoenix says:

Hey Psycho! ๐Ÿ˜› I have a question for you! I know all the 'travelling thing' is about living day by day, and don't think too much about the future…go with the flow! But…have you ever thought about how long u wanna live in this way? And…how about when u will suppose to be retired…where u gonna take the money to live? I'm not judging (maybe it sounds like I'm judging!). Is just a question that someone poped me…when I told them that I wanna quit my job and travel… ๐Ÿ˜›
    Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜‰

14. Evan Redward says:

Citibank (Australia) has a good savings account with excellent exchange rates. So far have used it in NZ and Japan with no fees, I was careful which atm to use to avoid those fees.

15. WriteRightRite says:

I like your videos. Just a tip that my wife and I took advantage of, cards such as Chase Sapphire Preferred (we live in America, but recently traveled to S. America) is a great credit card that does not charge any extra fee abroad. I'm sure there's others out there. ๐Ÿ™‚