33 thoughts on “Roatan, Honduras – A Travel Destination Guide

1. Ella Roland says:

You uneducated b++ch!!! I am from hunduras,born and raised on roatan and now i live in Atlanta Ga but i am moving back home.All my years home i have never heard of a damn botfly untill i came hear to th U.S!thay are more common in south africa not in central america!no f++cking tothpick fish nor some disease call monkey spider you stupid person.But we do have spider monkey in are national parks,I am sooo sick and tired of people giving us a bad name when it you who are the dangerous insects!!!

2. supercellcoaster says:

Roatan is entirely safe as long as you take simple precautions. For example, be cautious and defensive if driving at night, as the main road has many blind curves and people sometimes go way too fast. Also, travel in groups of more than one (women should have at least one male with them if they do not wish to be approached by drunk men at night). If you stick to those basic rules and take general precautions, you won't run into any issues (I lived there for 2 years and never had a problem!)

3. Carlos Cab says:

@ Irixguy. If you are going there you shunt stay alone always walk with friends. People are more intimidating of groups than 1 person. I am from Roatan I left 12 years ago to the states, I don't know above now. But wend I was living there everywhere you go was safe. You should visit the town of French harbor as well cocovew and oak ridge. Have fun

4. AleLovesOpera says:

sin duda uno de los lugares mas bellos de centroamerica! que orgullosos han de estar los hondureños con tan hermoso lugar, simplemente magico.. me encantaria ir alli para vacacionar 1 semana

5. Orlando Cartagena says:

i am from honduras so i know this there is some crime in honduras but if you dont go out at night or go to olancho you will be safe if traveling in the mainland try to have some people with you

6. Marina de Haan says:

Oh what's this.. Honduras has never been on my list, but this looks amazing! I am a Scuba diver and this is an amazing reef.
    I guess my clients will live this too so I will put a link on my site,
    Thanks!
    Marina
    Womentravelalone

7. Alejandro Archila says:

@archernator47 pues te respondere con sinceridad en Honduras no es que no se reciban a los mexicanos lo que sucede es que con el tema del football se ha difamado mucho la cosa por nuestros paises… habemos cultos y sin prejuicios en este pais. Seria como decir que en Mexico no aceptan a personas de aqui y ambos sabemos que no es correcto. parte de mi familia no es de aqui y creeme que por experiencia te digo es un bello lugar para extrangeros. Saludos desde Honduras

8. Lizzette Alemany says:

OUR FAMILY LOVED VISITING ROATAN. WE STAYED AT THE HENRY MORGAN HOTEL AND HAD A BALL. I AM VERY PROUD OF THE LAND THAT SAW ME BEING BORN. WE HOPE TO RETURN TO ROATAN IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE

9. uli archer says:

saludos!! Sucede que me han recomendado lugares (varios en este video) de
    su pais, pero tambien me han dicho que los mexicanos no somos bien recibidos
    es esto verdad? Digo, me encantaria conocer su lindo pais, espero alguien me
    conteste esto, saludos desde mexico!!!

10. Chris Barrett says:

Great video of Roatan.
    Even on the mainland (La Ceiba) there are expensive places to eat. You need to find the values anywhere you travel and there are plenty in Roatan and La Ceiba.
    What is expensive to one is cheap to another…….
    In any case, if Roatan is too expensiv for someone try La Ceiba on the mainland. Here we have direct beachfront homes in La Ceiba Beach Club for only $139,900.00 USD.

11. Stealing Beauty says:

i'm going to roatan for the first time… i'll be going in about 2 weeks. i only want to go for about 3 days because i'm initially visiting family in the capital. i wanted to know what cheap hotel can i go to that is within close proximity of the beach….??

12. Silvia says:

Easy…
    Im poor too and I wanna live there for a bit, so Im gonna try to get a job and roomies! yaay!
    I survived a month in roatan with just about 3000 lempiras.

13. Ilias Scott says:

I believe you need to educate yourself. Firstly there are not many posionous creatures, and definately no more than anywhere in the US of A.

Botflies and toothpick fish are all in the amazon. We're probably 600 miles or so from the nearest botfly. Please be knowledgeable before you post such things.